Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site. In order to assure quality of this resource there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
- personal abuse or attacks on commentators, authors or others;
- comments that are racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, sexist or contains any other form of prejudice;
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted. Note this may include abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libellous language;
- identification of individuals (either by name or implied);
- non-relevant messages;
- advertising or commercial messages;
- comments that may put us in legal jeopardy;
- messages that break reasonable norms of civility or courtesy;
- Comments that contain proprietary, copyrighted or plagiarised information.
The Cost of Living editorial staff reserves the right to delete, edit or flag as spam any comment submitted to the site. Continuous abuse may result in permanent ban of the IP address and email address.
All comments submitted to this site are the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment, you agree that the comment content is your own and Cost of Living is harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
To manage our comment policy we require some information that identifies you. This information is used solely for the purposes of managing your comments within our CMS and will not be processed or shared with any third parties.
The information supplied with your comments is as follows:
- Comment: This will be published on the site.
- Name: You may use your own name or any nickname. This name will be published on the site.
- Email: This is used by our SPAM software to determine if a user is authentic. Your email address is NOT published on the website.
- IP Address: This identifies your IP address and is used by our SPAM software to determine if a user is authentic. Your IP address is NOT published on the website.
Data Requests and Deletion
Please contact us if you wish to request, amend or delete any/all of your comments.